Friday, September 5, 2008

For Sale: Lucky Pennies - $1

You may have heard that the RNC recently came and went from the Twin Cities here in Minnesota.

I have to admit, I don't really follow politics - I know, I know, shame on me, but hey, there really is only so much room for so much information in my head, and frankly, I don't want to lose something really important to make room for politics.

Anyway...

While the Repuclican convention was in town, I had witness to MANY MANY disturbing sights. Let me list them for you...

1. Lucky Pennies sold for $1. This was probably the most interesting and thought provoking of them all. A man sitting on the street corner with a pizza box full of pennies.

2. Cops on a stick - yes, police officers on segues. They might be downtown all the time but me, I never see them.

3. Street witnessing for Jesus. It happens, I just don't get to see 50 people in one large group walking down the street passing out literature from the 60's.

4. A woman in black tights with a gold thong over the top with a matching bra - over the top of nothing but skin. Oh! And wearing gold flip-flops. Odd.

Now, I've seen a lot of things in my lifetime, not to mention bottles of human urine in the streets... but some of these just kind of took me by surprise.

It was daylight after all... maybe I'm just getting a little old.

No comments:

Art Barista Archive