Friday, February 12, 2010

It happened while loading the dishwasher...

Close your eyes and imagine me, after making breakfast for my family, loading the dishwasher...
Wait, don't close your eyes or you can't read about the sexy thing coming up next!

POP! GASP! SCREAM! Footsteps, Jeff running... me whimpering...

Yup. That was it. A disc in my back herniated as quickly as you can say "rinse those eggy dishes before putting them in the dishwasher!"

I quickly laid on the floor hoping that some quick thinking and immediate stretching would do the trick and pop it back in place.

Not so much.

Let me introduce you to the world of back muscle spasms. They suck. They make me gasp and call out loud in pain. Embarrassing side note: while calling in to my supervisor at work to report I would not be coming in, a spasm hit. Great. How corny could that be?! Jeez!

I don't know about you but I always feel guilty calling in to work.


For the record this is not me. But it is a fine representation of what I looked like for the first three days of this week.

4 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I've missed your face at work! Hope you get well soon!

Dee said...

Hello, My name is Dee. I was floating through blog land and landed on your blog and I love it. That is me you see as a new follower :) Sorry about your back. My husband has back problems so I can relate to what you experienced.

Aliene said...

Hi, I found you thru Dee's blog.
I like to search sometimes and when I see something that interest me I comment. I definitely know about back problems. No fun. IYou cna see me as a new follower also. Hope you feel better.

Jason, as himself said...

No! I hope it's better now.

Art Barista Archive